There is a need for Quakers in Charlotte with the message of the complete sufficiency of the inward Light to guide and rule human life and relationships. This message can offset the destructive outward guidance of the community organizers, social justice warriors, and political agitators that binds people to the spirits of anger, frustration, dis-ease, and hopelessness, infecting their conscious and conscience. Immanent presence of God in the conscious and conscience is inward peace and ease even in the midst of the outward violence nurtured by outward political and religious social agendas.

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"and an idolatrous attitude towards one mode of transmission over another simply facilitates both deception and self-deception."

If this is your way of accusing me of idolatry and deception, I accept and acknowledge that you think me idolatrous, deceptive, and deceiving. I appreciate your honest assessment of my experience and intentions with a grateful and cordial heart and mind in and through the immanent presence of Jesus Christ inshining my conscious and conscience.

I've done my own idolatries and self-deceptions, hence have no reason to accuse anyone of falling into such a condition. To observe and conclude, that is another matter.

"and an idolatrous attitude towards one mode of transmission over another simply facilitates both deception and self-deception."

If this is your way of sharing your observation and conclusion that I am idolatrous and deceptive, I accept and acknowledge that you observe and conclude that I am idolatrous, deceptive, and deceiving. I appreciate your honest assessment of my experience and intentions with a grateful and cordial heart and mind in and through the immanent presence of Jesus Christ inshining my conscious and conscience.

Is this the sort of experience of Jesus that came to GW Bush to encourage him to bomb Iraq? -- or an experience of the man who once died on a cross because of his public denunciations of the outward injustices and oppressions perpetrated by the secular and religious rulers of his day?

Does he now regret the outward stands that made him a hero to his poor contemporaries, a dangerous agitator to his comfortable enemies?

The subject of this thread is:

"There is a need for Quakers in Charlotte with the message of the complete sufficiency of the inward Light to guide and rule human life and relationships. This message can offset the destructive outward guidance of the community organizers, social justice warriors, and political agitators that binds people to the spirits of anger, frustration, dis-ease, and hopelessness, infecting their conscious and conscience. Immanent presence of God in the conscious and conscience is inward peace and ease even in the midst of the outward violence nurtured by outward political and religious social agendas."

My intent, as I have previously stipulated, is to bring focus on the process of social agitation and how that process nurtures the very anger and bigotry that those engaged in social agitation seek to remedy through their outward prescriptions. This focus is not an attempt to distract from those who engage in the process of social agitation against those who idenitify with a different outward political agenda which also nurtures the opposite what they are advocating against.

Oh that we would turn away from the process of establishing and imposing outward political, social, and religious agendas and engaging in the process of supporting the process by supporting outward political agendas and forms. There is another way wherein the conscious and conscience are anchored in and informed by direct inshining immanent Presence itself in itself without regard for outward political, religious, and social forms. This the message I carry to everyone whose meaning, purpose, and identity is by their own admission anchored in outward Political, Religious, Social, and Economic forms and institutions.

I think we've agreed that opposite sides of this conflict feed into one another.

I don't get the feeling you understand that no number of "community organizers, social justice warriors, and political agitators" could move people to risk their lives if the people nominally protecting them weren't armed, dangerous, and bent on inflicting their wills in a high-handed manner.

This is a familiar, frequently recurring  kind of incident in San Diego, where producing a monthly tabloid on poverty issues for a few years forced me to look into several such incidents, plus a conference (including police spokemen) on such shootings, which occasionally happen to whites, but almost always strike the significantly smaller Hispanic and black populations -- a conference which showed there was a long history of inappropriate shootings in which the officers received no criminal penalties and whatever effects they might have had on an officer's career were buried (by law) in procedural confidentiality -- while efforts to establish civilian control of police forces continued to be vigorously opposed by well-funded campaigns by high-ranking sheriffs & police departments.

Some police are psychologically shattered by the death of one bystander (even when the shot was fired in an entirely justified circumstance.) Others will join in shooting one unarmed man tens of feet away rather than call for assistance in talking him down. The man I know of in that first situation -- quit the force soon afterwards. Nobody knows what happens to the others.

It is very dangerous to call for police help in quieting anybody mentally disoriented; far too often the subject falls victim to 'suicide by cop.' I remember one time visiting a suicidal friend (who had admittedly troubled the police department, and his friends, a great deal over the years) and being told by a cop who'd also responded: "Maybe we should just let him do it this time."

It's not a job that always brings out the best in people; and while police spokesmen will often say that an officer's most useful weapon is his mouth, guns get used far too often -- and the ear can be very much neglected in an occupational obsession with maintaining 'authority.'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service