Does your Meeting accept credit card or online donations?

I was talking to someone on the finance committee at my Meeting about our financial needs and how our level of contributions is way down compared to last year.

I brought up that I rarely wrote checks and didn't like giving donations in cash because there was no paper trail. So I wondered if we might consider implementing a PayPal account so that people could donate online and with their credit card.

She seemed to think that this was way too complicated and difficult to implement, even though I explained that it was fairly straightforward. And it might conceivably encourage people to donate whether they are at Meeting, or just at home or work but want to support our work in the community. But it was clear this avenue of raising funds was a non-starter for her.

My question is, does your Meeting support people donating via credit card or online payment? And how did you get your Meeting to implement this?

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a couple of Quaker Meetings I have found that accept online / credit card donations:
* Friends Meeting of Beacon Hill http://www.bhfh.org/Bhfh-Donation.html
* Arch Street Monthly Meeting (Philadelphia) http://www.archstreetfriends.org/contributions.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
6 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service