We know various meanings -- perhaps none of them sounding quite right to us -- for phrases like "The Kingdom of God" or "The World of God."

Could people find a better sense, at this point, in a phrase like 'The Activity of God'?

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you believe that you share a personal relationship with God?

I could say that I am a personal relationship with God.

That otherwise-cogent phrase gets used so often in a false way that I hesitate lest this get confusing!

Whatever the Divine/human interface is supposed to look like as we come to know Each Other better, as the Divine/human courtship starts consummating...

That's what I'd say we're in the process of negotiating & sorting out.

"confusing"?

by which you may even be making an understatement... I'm not sure if you said yes or no.

So I take it by your words that you don't consider yourself "saved" or "born again"?

Forrest Curo said:

I could say that I am a personal relationship with God.

That otherwise-cogent phrase gets used so often in a false way that I hesitate lest this get confusing!

Whatever the Divine/human interface is supposed to look like as we come to know Each Other better, as the Divine/human courtship starts consummating...

That's what I'd say we're in the process of negotiating & sorting out.

'Saved' and 'born again' get likewise misused to refer to people putting themselves through some stereotyped 'trip'.

Because I try to be transparent I seem very bewildering to certain people. Because you are trying to be mysterious [if I am not mistook] the only thing I find bewildering is: 'Why should you need to try?'

"... She said: 'One really can't communicate
with anyone, not really.'
I knew just what she meant
but wasn't sure how to tell her..."

I don't think that I or anybody else need to be 'saved' from God. I've been rescued from a great deal of unnecessary fear and distrust of God. Due to a continuing process of disillusion I no longer inhabit the conceptional world I was born into.

Whatever my relationship with God might be, you should ask God about that. "Lot of people talkin bout 'personal relationship' ain't puttin out."

I see much confusion in your words, friend. All truths lead to God, it matters not which truth you follow as long as it is truth. I had a vision many years ago in which God introduce me to Lucifer and I shook his hand. It couldn't have been my imagination because Lucifer wasn't anything like I expected. Lucifer said he just wanted to be liked and that he is misunderstood by Christians. He explained how he is being used as an "enabler" for an evil brotherhood and that he is being kept from enlightening those outside of the brotherhood. In this dream or vision, God then asked me to be the second messiah. I asked God what would happen if I refused and He said that He would be disappointed but would choose another if that was my choice. I then asked God if it's possible to make ALL of His children the next messiah and God actually laughed out loud then told me that it was already done and all that the child of God had to do was realize this miracle to manifest itself.

I would watch out for anyone who "just wanted to be liked."

And I've always understood that the first Messiah did the job well enough. The results of that aren't all in yet.

Whatever question God might have put to you as 'a thought experiment' -- I guess the meaning of that would depend on how you understood the question.

So what do you mean: "Messiah"?

I take it you aren't Christian nor Quaker? You are unfamiliar with the various meanings of messiah and Paraclete?

I have no idea what "messiah" may mean to you in particular. Your vision was addressed to you; so if God asked you in it to be a second messiah, the meaning of that would depend on how you understand the word, not on how I do.

Again, all truths lead to God yet my many questions to you still remain unanswered and you explain nothing while telling me to get my answers from God. This isn't about me, it's about YOU and your denying a personal relationship with God. Your avoidance of Truth is obvious by your many ad hominem attacks and your apparent confusion of the presented issues. Avoid Truth and you avoid God.

Transcendence (religion)

God's transcendence is implied by his omnipresence. While God transcends the physical, He also works in and reveals himself through physical means such as dreams, signs, miracles and the existence of beauty in the created world. - wikipedia

My pseudonymous acquaintance, the discussion here was intended to be about the phrase 'the Activity of God' and whether that might serve as a better way for modern readers to understand the meaning of 'Kingdom of God' aka 'Reign of God.'

If you find my answers to your questions so far unclear, I recommend that you think more deeply about the meaning of your questions and your motives for asking them.

Born Again is the most misunderstood phrase used by Christians.  At least in my humble opinion.  Of course it could just be the one that irritates me most because of my own misunderstanding of it.  As to who is a Christian it's not for us to say.  Those who gathered at Antioch were called "little Christs" (Christains) by their neighbors not by themselves and that was the result of their walk not their talk.  Personally I like Disciple or follower of the Way.  But a rose by any other name still smells the same.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
5 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service