Beacon Hill Friends House is accepting applications for two live-in, ¾ time positions serving our residential, cooperative community:

Kitchen Manager
Start Date: June 15, 2009
Position Summary:

The Kitchen Manager holds primary responsibility for kitchen systems in the house, providing 5 dinners per week, ordering food and managing inventory, and keeping the kitchen in smooth running order. The Kitchen Manager works closely with the Director and Residency Manager to ensure smooth operations of the Resident Program and the healthy functioning of the community. This position requires working in the afternoon and early evening Sundays through Thursdays.

Residency Manager
Start Date: June 15, 2009
Position Summary:

The Residency Manager holds primary responsibility for the care and administration of the day-to-day workings of the community, including mentoring residents in community life, managing admissions, resident chores, rent collection, and maintenance of community documents. The Residency Manager works closely with the Director and Kitchen Manager to ensure smooth operations of the Resident Program and the healthy functioning of the community. The Residency Manager has oversight of Guest Room hospitality, including taking reservations, preparing rooms and meeting guests. A third area of responsibility is for smooth functioning of the office. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.

Beacon Hill Friends House is a Quaker center in a historic building in downtown Boston. Our residential program is a multigenerational, cooperative community based in Quaker practice and principles. Our other activities include offering hospitality through overnight guest rooms and public meeting spaces for Quakers and others; holding Quaker-related events and publishing Quaker pamphlets.

For more information contact:

Holly Baldwin, Director,
Beacon Hill Friends House
#6 Chestnut Street
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: 617-227-9118
E-mail: hbaldwin@bhfh.org.
Web: www.bhfh.org

Views: 779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Holly,
It was fun to see you at FGC CC! I am job hunting still and this popped up, so thought I'd say hello...I'm also doing project small jobs work(self-employed), so if you needed painting/fixing up things done, perhaps I could be of help...they say that networking is the way to go and it's always worked for me before...
Hope this finds that all is well...I will be on the Cape from 11/7-16 in case we can connect...:} Buffy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
6 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service