I am new here so I am not certain of protocol. I do have ten or eleven back issues of Plain Magazine that I have read completely. I am willing to share these magazines with whomever might wish to read them. There are very good articles in my opinion. I do not wish to sell the magazines for I have received their worth, if someone wishes to pay actual shipping they are welcome to one or all. If someone is interested on the article contents, please feel free to contact me for more details.

Views: 1666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have two or three that someone else gave us. If you still have them, could you tell me which issues you have? I wouldn't want you to go to too much trouble if they are the same.

The issues that I have on hand are #'s 2,4,7,8,9,10,11,12,& 15. Also I have the Special Agriculture Issue and one more that I am not certain about, therefore I will list a few of the articles.

Genetic Engineering by Bill Duesing
Finding Moral Courage in a Brave New World by Franklin Saige
Making Donna's Baby by Pat Lopata
Doctors in Denial by Mary Ann Lieser

This Issue: 70% Computer Free

I will gladly post for you any additional information if it will be of help.

Greetings All,

Scott Savage, MaryAnn Savage, Seth Hinshaw, Chris Walker and myself were the board members and publisher of Plain Magazine. We struggled a great deal back then printing it by hand in Barnesville, Ohio. We experimented with different sustainable, renewable papers and soy inks, hand typesetting etcetera. Some of you, who were subscribers at the time, might remember us discussing our travails in print. The Center for Plain Living represented a significant spiritual learning curve for all of us. If you are looking for back issues, try searching library databases, we did have a number of libraries which subscribed. As to placing the content on the web, I feel most of us would still like to respect not doing so, since we so vociferously opposed what we considered the technological intrusion at the time. Remember, we were working backwards, from a computer generated page to a hand typeset one and then printing it on a behemoth antique press. I was raised Plain, so I have a certain base level comfort level with the peace inherent in unplugging technology when possible. Having said that, my work as an Early Christian scholar and professor requires a certain amount of research and labor which routinely utilizes technology, including things such as driving a car and the use of this website; however much of my research does not.  Feel free to contact me if I can be of help to any of you. --Dr. Paul Lynn

I will gladly pay postage for any Plain magazines with which others are finished.

Kristen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
6 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service