I'm re-reading The Plain Reader by Scott Savage and am wondering if anyone has back issues of Plain magazine that would part with, or if anyone could scan a couple issues for me?? I'm currently a seeker and have been leaning toward a more simple plain life for the past couple years. I'd enjoy connecting with other Plain Conservative Quakers. Thank you. Beverly

Views: 4362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too have that book. It is such a gift! I have been searching for information on the magazine myself but to no avail. Whether on the internet or other sources it seems to have gone away... I too am being drawn to the Plain Conservative path. I would love to discuss it with you. Blessings dear friend.
Thank you Faye. I will look forward to your correspondence.
Beverly
Looks like a beautiful magazine, Can someone post scans for people to view? I can help scan images if need be.
While scanning copies and posting them online might be useful to many who would like to read them, I recall that in the printed magazine, there were requests from the publisher (Scott Savage) that the magazine not be posted online. Especially since it would be protected by copyright, it would probably be best not to do this without permission from the owner.
Thanks for mentioning this Geoffrey. Faye, if you are able to contact Scott, maybe he would be interested in making copies for sale on an as needed basis. I think there are many folks who would be interested in reading Plain again.
Hi Faye. I'm wondering if you found out anything about Plain Magazine and if it is possible to buy/copy etc back issues? Thanks, Beverly Adams
Did anyone find out if Scott had copies left over? I am reading the Plain Reader and would love to read the rest of the magazine.

I am trying to find a copy of The Plain Reader since my pastor recommended it to me yesterday.

Will have to search the web...anyone know?

Hello, Diane!

I searched for Scott Savage, *The Plain Reader*, on Bookfinder.com, and found many offerings.  Try http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&ref=bf_s2_a1_...

TY for sharing this incredible resource with me!  Prices are much cheaper than Amazon and next time I seek a book, Bookfinders.com it shall be for me:)  Blessed be!

Is the Plain Magazine still in production? If so how would one suscribe?

To the best of my knowledge, *Plain Magazine* is no longer published.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
6 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
21 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service