FGC's website reports the following:

"The Executive Committee also considered the possibility of laying down FGC’s long-standing Publications Program in the form in has existed for many years.  This proposal was made with an expectation that our evolving web infrastructure should provide important opportunities for FGC to continue its “ministry of the written word” in the future.  With the benefit of extended, Spirit-centered consideration of the initial proposal and some new ideas that were lifted up, this matter was referred back to the originating committee.  We expect that various options will be considered with all affected staff and committees of FGC in the next couple months, before any specific proposal is brought back to Executive Committee."

http://www.fgcquaker.org/about-us/changes-at-fgc.

According to the FGC site, this occured at a meeting on April 29. Does anyone know the current status of this proposal? I heard it reported today as a decision already made or at least one that is certain to occur. Since the foregoing refers to a decision that will be seasoned over the next few months I wondered if anyone has additional info.

Thanks,
Dave

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FGC's Committee on Discernment, Planning and Priorities did not propose laying down QuakerBooks -- that's the bookstore.  They did propose laying down QuakerPress -- that's the publications part.  Since that proposal, there has been much consideration of different possibilities and configurations, and it will be some time until we know the final outcome.  I do think it's fair to say that we can expect at least a significant reduction in the publications coming out of FGC in the future.  If publications come to an end, the bookstore will be at risk of a similar outcome not too far down the road, because sales of recent QuakerPress titles are a significant portion of the bookstore's revenues.  Please pray for clear discernment in the making of hard decisions.  Chel Avery (FGC publications manager)
Thanks for the clarification, Chel.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
5 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service