Quaker Talk (633)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Characteristics of a Growing/Declining Friends Meeting/Church

https://www.tmatt.net/columns/2016/12/7/canadian-researchers-find-that-doctrine-really-matters-in-terms-of-church-growth "Canadian research…

Started by William F Rushby

7 11th month 9, 2020
Reply by William F Rushby

Is Modern Liberal Quakerism Spiritually Bankrupt?

From  Lisa Graustein, "The Quaker sweat lodge: a response." Friends Journal, April 1, 2006 "Is our own Religious Society so spiritually ba…

5 11th month 3, 2020

Two Narratives in American Society

From "What Comes After Liberalism," *Tablet Magazine* An excerpt from Bruno Maçães’ new book, ‘History Has Begun,’ explores the emerging ‘v…

2 10th month 19, 2020
Reply by Rainer Möller

Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends

I have been involved with Conservative Friends, sometimes more and sometimes less, for 50 years.  Many times I have pondered what it would…

21 9th month 2, 2020

Racism: A Lesson Plan

Critique? Undergoing peer review from Facebook friends: About Racism (a lesson plan) Me: memetic, ethnic, cultural, software Me: genetic,…

Started by Kirby Urner

6 7th month 24, 2020
Reply by Kirby Urner

Connecting Quakers and Sufis (ongoing project)

I was treating QuakerQuaker (Q2) as my platform awhile back, in my project to reach out to Sufis, the Gulenists in particular, as I was wan…

Started by Kirby Urner

6 7th month 10, 2020
Reply by Kirby Urner

An Exposition of Laozi’s “Essence of Dao” by Yun Choi Yeung

Yun Choi Yeung is from Hong Kong and has been living in the United Kingdom since October 2010. In 2015, she contributed “Enlightenment and…

Started by Mike Shell

2 7th month 7, 2020
Reply by Mike Shell

I noticed this post after following a link posted in the Daily Pick section of this website. It has captivated my attention and thought som…

Started by Keith Saylor

4 6th month 30, 2020
Reply by Keith Saylor

From My Online Journal (re Race)

Once you get to garb and/or language it's looking more and more like ethnicity. Italians aren't a race on the check box forms, but there's…

Started by Kirby Urner

1 6th month 24, 2020
Reply by Kirby Urner

Led to song?

One thing I love in silent worship is that speech is only when led and not by rote. One thing I miss in silent worship is that songs of pra…

Started by Aaron J Levitt

20 6th month 8, 2020

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service