Fox had a message: God can talk to His children without  book, sermon, interpreter.  Early Friends were martyred, beaten and broken for saying God gave them revelations just as real, and with the same import as inspired Biblical  Prophets and church leaders, or "high church" ministers.

Where hath thee gone Sweet Spirit of Revelation?

When was the last Meeting thee were in when the Holy Ghost descended like a mighty rushing wind?  When did speaking in tongues, prophecy and divine healing last sweep thy Meeting-

Room?  When did the silence, gladly shatter,  for Friend on feet proclaiming a glorious message  direct from the Throne Room of God?

Or are thee so woe-begone about social ills;  so afraid of offending the spiritually starved person next to thee on the facing bench;  so enlightened,  so "open minded"-----???

Cans't thee tell me Friend? 

wounded and halted, the forgotten song.

rugged the silence that bears me along.

simon marc

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not just plugging Friendly Skripture Study; SynchchroniciDaddy has had us discussing what I consider related matters, where your input too would be much appreciated! [See also the post which gets into the Spirit behind 'Scripture' and the use God makes of scripture in our individual instances of 'The Revelatory Process.' Which certainly includes people rising to their feet with true revelations they haven't read anywhere before-- but which can work more easily if they've been searching here and there, in scriptures as well as everywhere else.]

"Christ is here to teach us himself" when people are present to listen... but people are so typically full of whatever they think they know, that-- Yes, they are afraid of being 'offended' by anything they haven't already considered, and will fend it off with considerable mental/emotional power!

Given that, seems best to let the Spirit decide for me, How much offence can they usefully be given at this moment?

That only happened twice in the book of Acts so I don't get upset if it doesn't happen at First Day meetings, although everyone should get to receive the power of the Holy Spirit even if they don't know what to call it or understand it.  As for speaking in tongues, prophecy and divine healing I believe the latter two are common and the first absent by consent as suggested by Paul.  That's not to say a good pentacostal camp meeting wouldn't be a good thing once in a while as led by the Spirit, however as a former pentacostal I have seen too many pastors trying to impersonate the Holy Spirit too believe that we can manipulate God into blessing us with a Divine revival.  However, I join you in a Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus, Come!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
5 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service