Today's passages via BibleGateway
Exodus 13:17-15:18
Matthew 21:23-46 (Quaker Bible Index)
Psalm 26:1-12
Proverbs 6:16-19

Readings from Today's Passage in Matthew:

William Penn (1669): Thus are their minds employed and become so vain in their imaginations, and dark in their understandings [Rom 1:21], that they ... persuade themselves they are good Christians all this while, and to rebuke them is worse then heresy [margin: Prov 1:25, 30, etc]; thus they are strangers to the hidden Life, thus they are diverted from all serious examination of themselves; and a little by rote babble with a forced zeal of an half hour’s task of other men’s words ... is made sufficient; and are no more in their states, or at least their intention (as their works shew) than ‘twas the young man’s in the gospel, that said he would go, and did not [Mat 21:30].

James Nayler (1655): Whose is this righteousness? It is either God’s, or your own self-righteousness.... For this I say, better no righteousness than that which is not God’s, for such is spiritual wickedness in heavenly places [Eph 6:12], and the long prayers of such is abomination, and they receive the greater damnation [Mar 12:40], and of such Christ saith, "publicans and harlots take the kingdom before them [Mat 21:31]."

George Fox (16– ): And what! are all you bishops, priests, ministers, and teachers, the keepers of the vineyard in Christendom? Hath it not been let out to you husbandmen, and when the Lord hath sent forth his servants to look for fruits among you, have not you banished, imprisoned, stoned, hanged, killed, and burned many of the Lord’s servants? [Mat 21:33-41 ||] And have you not crucified to yourselves afresh the son of God, the heir of the vineyard, and put him to open shame [Heb 6:6], by your evil lives and conversations?

Margaret Fell (1656): RANTERS: What does holiness save, or ungodliness destroy, as you apprehend them to be? ANSWER: Holiness saves that which you, the ungodly, destroy. The Lord God, who is a jealous God, his anger is kindled against you and will destroy you from the face of the earth [Deut 6:5]. He that defiles the temple of God, him will God destroy [1 Cor 3:17], and miserably will he destroy the wicked men [Mat 20:41].

Ann Moore (1760): And notwithstanding he was so tender, there was something in that place that seemed hard and would not fall upon the rock that it might be broken upon which I fear the rocks will fall and grind to powder [Mat 21:44].

Views: 49

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
5 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service