I did indeed have KS & Rm yms backwards. That will change on future charts.

WHAT IS THE TRUE PARTICULAR CHURCH ?

Regarding who'se a member of THE particular church or not, I'm NOT a Barclayan fundamentalist or a biblical one either. Either one would usurp the throne of God within, the Light, which is not only HERESY, but satanism, as it replaces God (the Light): that same Light which has been available to all souls since the foundation of the world. That same Light is what has been the gateway to membership in the only church that really counts. Thus I wait in the silence for leading. Religion is NOT meant to be "entertaining" to me: if it were, we'd have hired cheer-leaders long ago.

The Bible merely recounts 2 or 3 thousand years, and tho it has many worthy examples and testimonies of individuals, it is NOT an adequate foundation for our faith and practice, any more than wasting time theologizing. Theology and religious history are both favored ways Satan uses to help blind folks to the real truth: walking IN the Light, and answering that of the Light (God) in others.

Oh ye children of the morning, the dawn of tomorrow is upon us. It is time to awake to the Light, and walk in it, for there is a veritable ocean of Ljght around us.  

Do not waste your precious moments of consciousness focusing on the darkness, for if you do, you will be swallowed up by the darkness. Rather look at the Light which has revealed the darkness to you. In the Light you will see over and out of the darkness, and there, in the Light you will find your salvation, and peace.......

Geoffrey

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really loved that. Thanks for sharing. I find myself talking about the Light in relation to the scriptures and find folks surprisingly against the concept of truth existing outside of the binding. I guess it makes life and truth easier to control if it is so contained. But as far as I am concerned, it would be a sad situation if all truth existed within the binding. But thanks be to God that that is not the case. I wrote a blog post on the topic a while back, for anyone interested: http://simple-truth.org/2012/08/14/the-pursuit-of-truth/

Hi, Ryan]

Thanks . I've just figured out how to do this answer thing. 

I remember what a relief it was when I first put it together that the One that is available to teach & lead is the same Light that has been available to all since the beginning....before we even had language. " Outside the binding".....what a rich phrase. The G. F. song with the words     ...."with a book and a steeple and a bell and a key, they would bind it up forever......but they can't said he, for the book will perish, the steeple will fall, but the Light will be shining at the end of it all...."

Geoffrey

ps I grew up in Gwynedd pa, lived 35 yrs in Sumneytown, just down the road from Allentown.

Ryan Burgett said:

I really loved that. Thanks for sharing. I find myself talking about the Light in relation to the scriptures and find folks surprisingly against the concept of truth existing outside of the binding. I guess it makes life and truth easier to control if it is so contained. But as far as I am concerned, it would be a sad situation if all truth existed within the binding. But thanks be to God that that is not the case. I wrote a blog post on the topic a while back, for anyone interested: http://simple-truth.org/2012/08/14/the-pursuit-of-truth/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service