Cristina Montiel, Quaker peace activist and academic from the Philippines, will receive the Ralph White Lifetime Achievement Award, by the Division of Peace Psychology of the American Psychological Association, on Friday, August 5 from 5:00-5:50 pm at the Convention Center in Washington, DC. She will present a paper titled "Psychological Landscape of Peacebuilding in Asia: View from Inside." This APA event is a unique opportunity for Cristina to be in the U.S.. Cristina would particularly appreciate meeting Friends while she is in the U.S.. Friends who share her concern for peace psychology and activism, who are attending the American Psychological Association, are encouraged to seek her out, introduce yourself and attend her talk. Cristina has offered five tickets for Friends from outside the APA attendees to attend her talk. If you would like a ticket, please send your name, email address and phone number to: ConscienceStudio@gmail.com. Please share this with any other Friends who may be interested.

Dear Friends, This is a notice about Cristina Montiel. Tina is a wonderful, amazing woman, who I would like to support. She has just turned 60 and is looking for a gentle transition from activism to gentler, academic or other work. She would love to visit with any Friends, particularly older Quaker women who have made similar transitions, but all Friends. She is seeking deeply in her spiritual life at this time. If you are able to post this notice in a timely fashion, please consider doing so, but the dates are at the beginning of August. Edit as needed.

Thank you! Nadine Hoover, NYYM, Friends Peace Teams to Indonesia and Conscience Studio

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Note that another Friend, Rachel MacNair of Penn Valley Meeting in Kansas City, recently was elected President of the Division (President-Elect for 2012, President for 2013, Past President for 2014). Definitely a Quaker-friendly Division!

And, if you are seeing as I am, an ad at the side for an FGC pre-gathering free workshop, that workshop will be led by Rachel MacNair.

Quick note that the ads on QuakerQuaker rotate. If you don't see the pre-gathering workshop Bill mentions you can go to Friends Witness for a Pro-Life Peace Testimony listing on QuakerAds.... [MK]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
20 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service