Dear Friends.

I'm running a small café in the quiet harbour town of Hafnarfjörður in Iceland. I would like to ask you your opinion, if I may. If you were to walk into a Quaker-run cafe, what would your expectations be? It could be anything from food to bookkeeping, cleaning to wages. Literally any expectations/hopes/desires relating to the running of a café in a 'Quakerly fashion'. I want to offer something that really promotes what we stand for as a Society. Any ideas? Your opinions would be very much appreciated.

In Friendship,

David

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would want everyone to feel welcomed.  No decorations, simplicity rules.  separate areas for quite and fellowship.  

That's wonderful, James, thank you so much! Inclusive, simply decorated, and a choice of quiet or lively areas. Love it :)

James C Schultz said:

I would want everyone to feel welcomed.  No decorations, simplicity rules.  separate areas for quite and fellowship.  

Quaker Oats was the  first thing to come to mind!  Seriously, it is good to know that there are Quakers in Iceland. Blessing on your endeavor. https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com 

Lots of cafes have magazines for patrons to read.  A Quaker-run cafe could subscribe to some of these exotic Quaker publications many of us have heard of.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service